NYA Volvo C30, S40, V50 & C70 relaterade ämnen... OBS! vid motorproblem försök att ange vad du har för motor i bilen...

Moderator: Moderatorer

pklauser skrev: sön 27 sep 2020, 03:45 Thanks for that info!

2007 wouldn't be facelift though, at least here in the US. So I should be able to grab the harness and somehow make it work with my existing center console. We'll see
Yeah you are right, the 2007 specific has the original AUX-outlet placed behind the waterfall console, probably you should be able to get that plastic trim. Then you preferable need that harness which I think is integrated in the whole harness for the dash. If you are obtaining it from a junk car just separate those three wires from the harness. Have you obtained the other parts yet, ICM and IAM?
Went and pulled an ICM and IAM out of a 2007 S40. Two different 2007 S40s actually, since the ICM was trashed in the one. Grabbed that trim and just snipped the IAM connector as well as the aux harness. Swapped everything over and it all works just as you described, amazing! It is weird that the "car settings" don't work anymore, but I'm not changing them anyway so it doesn't bother me. Audio coming through crystal clear now.
pklauser skrev: mån 28 sep 2020, 00:44 Went and pulled an ICM and IAM out of a 2007 S40. Two different 2007 S40s actually, since the ICM was trashed in the one. Grabbed that trim and just snipped the IAM connector as well as the aux harness. Swapped everything over and it all works just as you described, amazing! It is weird that the "car settings" don't work anymore, but I'm not changing them anyway so it doesn't bother me. Audio coming through crystal clear now.
Awesome :-D , then I think it is safe to say that this solution actually works! I also discovered that car setting problem (wrote about it in my swedish post above) but this is the only drawback I can find. Guess if you by some reason want to change this you can just temporarily connect the old ICM back and change the setting. The actual setting is stored in the CEM.
Byta Mätarhus v70 2005

OBD-tuning brukar skicka tillbaka mätarhusen […]

Givare i kylaren hoppar ur

Alla sätt är bra, utom dom dåliga.[…]

Jag har då en v70 från 2001 2,4t med[…]

Härligt snabbt agerat!