Volvo XC60 (18-), V60(19-) och S60 (20-) relaterade ämnen. OBS! vid motorproblem försök att ange vad du har för motor i bilen...

Moderator: Moderatorer

Hi there
Sorry to switch to English as my skills of writing in Swedish is pour (you can answer in Swedish)

Seems like due to high temperature of some elements inside the engine bay- paint (birch light)just changed the color, looks like it is burned. Car is still under warranty and I will contact Volvo to report this..

Is it common in your T5 / T6 S60/V60? I am asking as my friends owns V60 T6 2019 ( white) and he has exactly the same problem
IMG_4033.jpg
IMG_4033.jpg (611.07 KiB) Visad 1268 gånger
IMG_4032.jpg
IMG_4032.jpg (694.67 KiB) Visad 1268 gånger
Senast redigerad av 1 darkoblues, redigerad totalt 0 gånger.
darkoblues skrev: lör 18 jan 2020, 16:33
Did you/your friend check under the hood when you first got the car? It's possible they didn't sprayed enough layer of the coating from factory; especially the birch light-colour,. There have been reports that some areas like at the rear-bumper(near the tailgate), it was spotted with yellowish/burned-look-a-like spots.

but as it's under warranty I'd absolutely take it back to the car-shop and let them fix this. It's unacceptable.
Senast redigerad av 1 UnleashFusion, redigerad totalt 0 gånger.
It is worth mentioning that from time to time I could smell the burning inside the car - it happened under kick down and acceleration to 150-170 km per hour. At first I thought it is due to some exhaust silencer burning in new car - now I know it was due to paint burning in engine bay. I will report it in local Volvo dealer.

It seems like I am not the only one with this problem. Also an colleague of mine reported the same in V60 T6 2019 just few days ago.

If you own the same specs car, you could double check if your paint in engine bay has some signs of burning

Candid connections: Platform for casual relationsh[…]

Den heter startspärr ibland också. Sitt[…]

Har en dansk V60 MY2020 Early. Skrev därf[…]

Ja Harman kardon låter mycket sämre i g[…]