Volvo V40 relaterade ämnen. OBS! vid motorproblem försök att ange vad du har för motor i bilen...

Moderator: Moderatorer

Hi,

After buying my car from one of the largest car retailers in Sweden, I have found that neither themselves or Volvo Support cannot help me to pair the VIN number with the chassis number. The explanation from Volvo Cars Support was:

"No, unfortunately we are not able to solve this."
"The reason you are not able to add your car to your Volvo ID is because it been an internal car at Volvo Cars. Therefore the car has not the right specifications to get in the Min Volvo-system."

Can you please explain me the below (if you know the answer)?

1. if there is a technical limitation towards this (missing module, inappropriate car software), or someone has to raise an internal ticket within Volvo Cars to solve this. As I see it myself without having the right information, is that it might be a missing software feature or someone needs to pair somewhere on a database the VIN number of the car with the registration number (which I have not changed it after the car's purchase).
2. what I am actually missing from https://minvolvo.volvocars.se/login if I am not able to pair the VIN + chassis number in Volvo's system? What does this feature contains? Note that I have the VOC active already and it works properly.
3. which are the other “missing features” which I don’t have on my car, due to the fact that my car was previously owned by Volvo Cars? Did any of you had a similar experience? The dealer did not told me anything more on this, prior buying the car.

Regards,
Andreas
Låter ju väldigt konstigt.

Om du har VOC kanske det inte är så kritiskt.
"min volvo" är ju inte något speciellt alls vad jag kan se. Inte för vår generation av bilar.

Jag skulle ställa frågan "vad annat är det som är unikt med denna då inte detta går att göra". Till volvo och försäljaren.
Om den inte har rätt specifikationer. Är det en för-serie bil?

Sen är detta ett svenskt forum så du får fler svar om du skriver på svenska eller skandinaviska :)
It should not be a post-production unit car, but it's the 2017 model being manufactured in June 2016.
It's also strange to me that such change cannot be done, so I have asked for detailed information.
I wonder what other features I am missing (and I was not informed about this prior buying the car)...

(I write in English because I am not native swede and this topic is related to a V40 2017 model car)
Bilagor
capture TransportStyrelsen.JPG
capture TransportStyrelsen.JPG (57.34 KiB) Visad 1542 gånger
andeug skrev:It should not be a post-production unit car, but it's the 2017 model being manufactured in June 2016.
It's also strange to me that such change cannot be done, so I have asked for detailed information.
I wonder what other features I am missing (and I was not informed about this prior buying the car)...

(I write in English because I am not native swede and this topic is related to a V40 2017 model car)

Pre-production = före det blir seriepreoduktion.
MY17 var en facelift av V40 CC.

Och borde vara enda anledningen till att de inte kan koppla.

Men som sagt. Detta är väldigt ovanligt så du får driva detta med Volvo.

31360098 heter länken ifall nån undrar.[…]

Kombi är alltid bra att ha :-) Man vet aldri[…]

Det är inte bara det. Hela D5T5 består […]

Givare i kylaren hoppar ur

Låter som en rimlig orsak, blir väl til[…]