Volvo S80N (07-16), V70 II (08-16), XC70 II (08-16) relaterade ämnen. OBS! vid motorproblem försök att ange vad du har för motor i bilen...

Moderator: Moderatorer

av Fabitappi
Hello, this is Fabian from Berlin/Germany.
I'm glad to have found this forum to speak to the real Volvo pros.

My Volvo 2012 V70 2.5T bifuel is a real Swede once driving your roads.

I went to my local Volvo dealer the other day asking to upgrade the small 5 inch screen to Navi and 7 inch screen.

To do so the Vida system requires the Volvo to come with the High Performance audio system also known as Option Code 832.
The VIN doesn't show the code however all the signs of High Performance are there like HP speakers, Bluetooth, USB connectivity...

I have therefore made contact with Volvo Sweden to help me verify what's in the car.

The answer is

INTEGRATED AUDIO MODULE Extra Variant
AUDIOPLAYER Player for 1 CD with MP3
AUDIO AUXILIARY INPUT Auxiliary audio input
MDPLAYER Without Audio Premium Sound
RADIO, AMP & SPEAKER SYSTEM Audio 'High Performance', 4 channels
BLUETOOTH HANDSFREE Bluetooth handsfree and Audiostreaming

There is still not that cryptic number
but they seem to say that the car has indeed the High Performance audio system.

Is that correct. What do you think?

Fabian
Användarvisningsbild
av apersson850
In 2012, Bluetooth wasn't included in Performance, but in High Performance, High Performance Multimedia and Premium sound. The last two you don't have, since then you would have had 7" from the beginning. Thus it seems you have High Performance.
av roggi
Hi.
I have a similar problem. I found out that my V70, 2013 has option code 831 not 832. Because of that I cannot upgrade my infotainment ICM and AIM to the level what is needed for ex. PAC parking assistant camera.
The question is how do you upgrade from option 831 to 832?
av Doomis
Hi.
That is because your existing IAM system do not have the fysical input connection for PAC camera.
You need to upgrade IAM first to atleast IAM 2.1 LEVEL 2 and then the ICM to 7 inch. And the last thing, you need to fit a amplifier and its wiring.
av roggi
Hi, if you look at the instruction manual the camera wiring is connected to the ICM not IAM, or have I misunderstood?
But do you have a list of what is needed to update in order to get the camera working.

The camera is already physically installed, but the car will not accept the software(p/n 30765685) because the option code is not multimedia high performance code 832. Mine is 831. So what parts is needed to upgrade from 831 to 832?

At Volvo v-store Holland they claim that it is not necessary to upgrade to 831..
Användarvisningsbild
av apersson850
According to Volvo Sweden it requires either option code 935 or 934.
Cars with option code 832 can be upgraded to 935. But they also claim that from model year 2012, you can go ahead with option code 832 and only upgrade to a 7" screen. You'll keep the CD player then, not upgrade to DVD. They claim this should be enough for the camera.
Option code 831 is not mentioned as camera compatible. But for DAB/DAB+ accessory, they mention option code 831 as some version of the High Performance system as well. Perhaps it's High performance on older models?
av Doomis
Ma
roggi skrev:Hi, if you look at the instruction manual the camera wiring is connected to the ICM not IAM, or have I misunderstood?
But do you have a list of what is needed to update in order to get the camera working.

The camera is already physically installed, but the car will not accept the software(p/n 30765685) because the option code is not multimedia high performance code 832. Mine is 831. So what parts is needed to upgrade from 831 to 832?

At Volvo v-store Holland they claim that it is not necessary to upgrade to 831..
Yes yes, sorry I meant ICM. The connector do not exist on the 5 inch screen. VIDA can not do a software download to ICM if you not have IAM 2.1
av roggi
Hi.
In Last sentence I meant "no need for upgrading to option code 832".

I do have 7" ICM and i have dvd, navi, bluetooth IAM, no DAB. The ICM has several connectors for ex. Front camera and rear camera..
But I dont know which level I have, must check the IAM.
What level of IAM is needed to get the PAC work?
av Doomis
Ok.
So just to get it right, you have all these already installed in your vehicle from fabric?
If so, you have 2.1 Level 2 so no need to check it out.

The SW is right, I strongly recommend that you ask your technician to send a ticket to Volvo tech support for a solution.
av roggi
Hi ,
yes I have factory installed 7" ICM, 2.1 IAM level 2-3?, audio high performance 4 channels, with DVD/MP3 player, Aux input, tele system, bluetooth, handsfree, USB&IPOD function, RSE system, no tv.
Strålkastarglas (plast) fix

Hur har det gått?

Framhjulslager V50

Ford Focus / Volvo C30/s40/V50 (och C70?) är […]

Att använda lyktor från 00-04 funkar me[…]

Yttertemperatur mätare

Bytte sensorn i förmiddags. Avhjälpte ty[…]