Här diskuteras allmänna bilfrågor oavsett märke som inte passar in i övriga forum.

Moderator: Moderatorer

Installing Volvo VIDA 2014D on Windows 10 Guide.

WHAT IS THIS?
A guide to install Volvo VIDA 2014D on first and foremost Windows 10 Pro x64 but will work on most Windows 7, 8, 8.1 (64-bit) and up, especially on a system where VIDA has previously failed to install or a previous version of VIDA has been installed and then uninstalled. On a system such as that, the cleaning part step 1 through 8 is the most important part. Usual errors on such systems are:
- An X is presented in Internet Explorer were the DICE Communication tool selector should be.
- You cannot enter anything in the Username login dialogue.
- "VIDA cannot start as port 80 is already in use".
- "VIDA NOT OK".
Check the troubleshooting section at the end of this guide for solutions.
****************************************************************************************************
IMPORTANT!
IF YOU FIND ANY ERRORS PLEASE PM ME ASAP!
****************************************************************************************************
NEWS:
2019-06-20: Now tested and working as expected even on Windows 10 1903 (10.0.18362.175) May 2019 Update
2017-07-04: Now tested and working as expected even on Windows 10 1703 (10.0.15063.447) Creators Update
2017-05-08: Now tested and working as expected even on Windows 10 1703 (10.0.15063.13) Creators Update
2017-05-08: The patch I spoke of in previous news will probably never be ready for public testing as I do not have the time for it anymore :(
2016-08-20: I am working on a patch for x64-systems that makes this guide superfluous. It will be a 1-2-3 way to install VIDA 2014D with it!
2016-08-14: Guide Zero: Installing Volvo VIDA 2014D on Windows 10 Guide Lite version. FOR IT-PRO's ONLY! (it gives the same result but not nearly as specific instructions):
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread ... ost4148666
The rest of you please follow the Non-IT Pro guide in this post for a more detailed guide.
REVISION HISTORY:
Rev 15. 2019-06-20
- Added new extra steps (17e-j (renamed old step 17e to 17k)) to manually change the date in the patch (if you are using the original patch which is no longer working) and to make it work with later versions of SQL Server.
- Removed all x86 steps, this is from now on an x64 guide only. This is to make the guide clearer for most users, who by now, are running x64 versions of Windows 10. It is still possible to install it on x86 but it is beyond the scope of this guide.
Rev 14. 2016-08-27
- Added another warning to post 16c (WARNING! You cannot install another language after you have upgraded SQL!).
Rev 13. 2016-08-20
- Separated the Cleaning section to another post, this one was getting out of space (limit of characters was reached per post).
- Added command line setup of SQL 2008 R2 SP3 upgrade for easier install in step 18.
- Added a warning to post 16c (WARNING! If you get an "Unhandled Exception" during Multi-language setup, see the Troubleshooting section at the end of this guide BEFORE you continue!).
- The patch needs different ways of installing depending on architecture (step 17b).
- Added optional step 11, install .NET Framework 3.5 before the installation of VIDA.
- 32-bit part is still not thoroughly tested, if you cannot enter anything in the Username login dialogue after following this guide, install the patch the x64-way.
Rev 12. 2016-08-14
- Updated Requirements.
- 64-bit part of the guide is now completely tested.
- Removed Windows 8.1 from the guide, I do not have time to test it on that platform. It probably works though.
- Reworked the guide to fix an error when trying to install VIDA on Windows 10 after KB3163018 or the "Anniversary Update" was installed prior to the VIDA install. Fails with "You got a javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Define tag cannot set a null value" - Thanks to Orfeous.
- Included option to install more than one language to use in conjunction with my "VIDA Multi-language Guide".
- Included option to upgrade the SQL Server to the latest 2016 version to use in conjunction with my "Upgrade to the latest SQL Server Guide" (x64 only!)
- Changed step 17 (unpack the patch before you run filldb.cmd) to make it run foolproof.
- Tested with the latest Windows 10 (10.0.14393 v.1607) Anniversary Update.
- Other minor corrections and additions/deletions to the guide.
- Added an Additional Tweaking and Troubleshooting section: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread ... ost4146017
Rev 10, 11.
- Corrections.
Rev 9.
- After Windows Update installs KB3163018, Java does not work properly and VIDA fails to start.
Rev 2-8.
Rev 1.
- First draft.
REQUIREMENTS:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
- Volvo VIDA 2014D DVD or ISO-file
- VIDA Patch (2014A.exe works for VIDA 2014A through 2014D). File details:
2014A.exe 137 KB (140 785 bytes)
CRC32: E5F6F31C
MD5: 4E8084C08BDC59CB7D4DA16E708CDD8B
SHA-1: 4A1A38ECBF4608F7E36FDB38867F3A03D96D1B4C
GUIDE:
If you have a clean install of Windows and have not previously installed any version of VIDA or SQL (failed or not): begin in this post with step 9.
On a system where VIDA has previously failed to install or a previous version of VIDA has been installed and then uninstalled, the cleaning part step 1 through 8 is the MOST IMPORTANT part, you will find that pre-install guide here:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread ... ost4173865

STEPS 9 THROUGH END, INSTALLING SECTION:
9. Prepare your installation and download necessary files:
9a. Create a temporary directory in C:, and name it "VidaInstall".

9b. Download:
- Java SE Development Kit 7u80 (x64) "jdk-7u80-windows-x64.exe" (140.09 MB) here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 80-oth-JPR
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Express x64 English version "ENU\SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe" (117.5 MB) here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=26729
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 3 x64 English version "ENU\SQLServer2008R2SP3-KB2979597-x64-ENU.exe" (358.4 MB) here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=44271

9c. Prepare:
- After the Java SE Development Kit download is complete, open the VIDAInstall directory and create a new folder in there, name it "JDK7u80". Move the "jdk-7u80-windows-x64.exe" to the C:\VIDAInstall\JDK7u80 folder.
- After the SQL Server SP1 download is complete, open the VIDAInstall directory and create a new folder in there, name it "SQL2008R2SP1". Move the "SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe" to the C:\VIDAInstall\SQL2008R2SP1 folder.
- After the SQL Server SP3 download is complete, open the VIDAInstall directory and create a new folder in there, name it "SQL2008R2SP3". Move the "SQLServer2008R2SP3-KB2979597-x64-ENU.exe" to the C:\VIDAInstall\SQL2008R2SP3 folder.

9d. Install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Express:
- Open a Command Prompt: Click Start and enter "CMD", then right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as Administrator". A new CMD-prompt will appear. Copy the following line and then paste it by right clicking in the CMD-window and select "Paste", then hit enter:
Kod: Markera allt
"C:\VIDAInstall\SQL2008R2SP1\SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe" /ACTION=Install /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /ROLE=AllFeatures_WithDefaults /INSTANCENAME=VIDA /SAPWD=GunnarS3g3 /SECURITYMODE=SQL /SQLSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" /BROWSERSVCSTARTUPTYPE=Automatic /TCPENABLED=1 /HIDECONSOLE /ENU /QS
- The installation of SQL Server will run by itself without any user intervention. Wait until it is complete and then close the Command Prompt.

10. Optional step: Make sure Internet Explorer 11 is installed via Control Panel: View by: Small icons, "Programs and Features", select "Turn Windows features on or off" and make sure Internet Explorer 11 is checked (which is the default in Windows 10).

11. Optional step: If you do not want the automatic download of .NET Framework 3.5 during the installation:
- Go to Control Panel, open "Programs and Features", click on "Turn Windows features on or off".
- Check the box for ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" (if it is not already checked) and then click OK.

12-15. Steps removed.

16. Install VIDA from the VIDA 2014D DVD:
16a. Step removed.
16b. Locate VIDA Setup (setup.exe) in "D:\Install\DVD\Vida_dvdheader\Main" (NOT the setup.exe in the Vida folder) (substitute D: for your actual VIDA DVD location), right click the file and select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows 7" from the drop down list, then click OK.
16c. Now run the "setup.exe", still in the Main folder.
- Select VIDA All-in-one and then the language(s) to install. (WARNING! You cannot install another language after you have upgraded SQL!) (For a multi-language setup, first follow this guide and then my "VIDA Multi-language Guide").
- Leave the default Destination folder as is (C:\VIDA\) and click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- If the installation asks to download .NET Framework 3.5, select to "Download and install this feature". After the downloading and installing is done click Close.
- When the Vida Configurator shows up, leave the default selection on the Location tab as is, which is "Internet", (do not change anything on the other tabs) click Save and then Close, Close.
- WARNING! If you get an "Unhandled Exception" during Multi-language setup, see the Troubleshooting section at the end of this guide BEFORE you continue!
- When Setup asks for a reboot, select "No, I will restart my computer later" and then click Finish.
- If Windows Firewall Security Alert shows up for "Java(TM) Platform SE binary", tick both "Private networks" and "Public networks" and click "Allow access".

16d. To fix an incompatibility issue with this old Java version that comes pre-installed with VIDA and Windows Update "KB3163018" (and also pre-installed with Windows 10 v.1607) you need to update Java:
- Uninstall all Java versions (if not already done so).

16e. Make sure that VidaMonitor and Java are closed (they will be started only if you have installed multi-language, but check to make sure anyway): Start Windows Task Manager and click "More details". Locate and right click "VidaMonitor.exe" on the "Details" tab and select "End task", confirm by clicking "End process". Do the same with java.exe and javaw.exe. Close Windows Task Manager.
- Close Internet Explorer.

16f. Do the following:
- Install: C:\VIDAInstall\JDK7u80\jdk-7u80-windows-x64.exe
- Rename "jdk" folder in "C:\VIDA\" to "jdk.old" (or delete it).
- Copy folder "jdk1.7.0_80" from "C:\Program Files\Java" to "C:\VIDA\".
- Rename folder "jdk1.7.0_80" in "C:\VIDA\" to "jdk".
- Uninstall "Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 80 (64-bit)" and "Java 7 Update 80 (64-bit)" from Control Panel Programs and Features, you do not need it anymore as all the files VIDA uses we have already copied.

17. Now it is time to install the VIDA Patch (2014A.exe -- check the size or better yet the MD5 or SHA-1 under Requirements in this guide above, to match. You might otherwise have downloaded a virus), the same Patch works for VIDA 2014A through 2014D:
17a. Make sure that VidaMonitor is closed: Start Windows Task Manager and click "More details". Locate and right click "VidaMonitor.exe" on the "Details" tab and select "End task", confirm by clicking "End process". Close Windows Task Manager.

17b: Do NOT try to install it by running the exe, instead use Z-zip to unpack the compressed files directly to C: (running it will not always work with this setup and will sometimes not patch the installation correctly).
17c. Right click and select "Extract files..." Enter C: in the "Extract to" field and untick the "2014A\" path.
17d. The package will extract to the VIDA-folder, overwrite all files when asked.

NEW (fixing the old patch to work with later dates):
17e. Locate the file license in the "C:\VIDA\patch" folder and open it with Notepad or any other text editing software.
17f. Find the text: "2017-12-31 23:59:59" and replace it with a much later date, eg. "2027-12-31 23:59:59".
17g. Save and close the file.
17h. Locate the file filldb.cmd in the "C:\VIDA\patch" folder and open it with Notepad or any other text editing software.
17i. Add the following lines after the line ""%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\OSQL.EXE" -S localhost\Vida -U sa -P GunnarS3g3 -i %sqlf% > nul:"
"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\OSQL.EXE" -S localhost\Vida -U sa -P GunnarS3g3 -i %sqlf% > nul
"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\OSQL.EXE" -S localhost\Vida -U sa -P GunnarS3g3 -i %sqlf% > nul
"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\OSQL.EXE" -S localhost\Vida -U sa -P GunnarS3g3 -i %sqlf% > nul
"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\OSQL.EXE" -S localhost\Vida -U sa -P GunnarS3g3 -i %sqlf% > nul
17j. Save and close the file.

17k. Locate the file filldb.cmd in the "C:\VIDA\patch" folder and then right click on it, select "Run as administrator". You will briefly see a CMD-prompt that opens and closes quickly, this is by design and no other confirmation will appear.

18. Now apply the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3 Express Service Pack (KB2979597 - a prerequisite for the SQL 2016 upgrade):
18a. Open a Command Prompt: Click Start and enter "CMD", then right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as Administrator". A new CMD-prompt will appear. Copy the following line and then paste it by right clicking in the CMD-window and select "Paste", then hit enter:
"C:\VIDAInstall\SQL2008R2SP3\SQLServer2008R2SP3-KB2979597-x64-ENU.exe" /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /ALLINSTANCES /HIDECONSOLE /ENU /QS
- The upgrade of SQL Server will run by itself without any user intervention. Wait until it is complete and then close the Command Prompt.
18c. Reboot.

19. If Windows Firewall Security Alert shows up for "Java(TM) Platform SE binary", tick both "Private networks" and "Public networks" and click "Allow access".

20. Now you should be ready to try VIDA out, but wait for the VIDA Monitor to change to a green play icon (VIDA Monitor is by the task tray):
20a. Connect your DiCE-device to your computer.
20b. Start VIDA All-In-One
20c. If Internet Explorer ask to use Recommended security and compatibility settings chose "Don't use recommended settings".
20d. If Internet Explorer asks permission to enable Several add-ons, click Choose add-ons and Enable both 'Adobe PDF Link Helper' and 'WebCGMHlprObj Class'. If Internet Explorer only asks permission to enable 'WebCGMHlprObj Class' click "Enable".
20e. Login with admin, 1, 2, 3 or 4, depending on your location/market.
- Additional Tweaking and Troubleshooting section:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread ... ost4146017
Senast redigerad av 21 trixeo, redigerad totalt 0 gång.
av trixeo
Andreasace skrev:Eller så installerar man vida under Windows 7 och uppgraderar till win 10 så funkar det direkt utan allt installerade, omstarter och re geditering
Eller så har man redan en Windows 10 installation med ett hundratal andra program redan installerade som man vill ha VIDA på och kan då använda min guide.
Eller så hade man redan en fungerande VIDA installation som installerats i Windows 7 och som sedan uppgraderats till Windows 10 som sedan av olika anledningar blivit korrupt.
Skulle jag hellre vilja installera från scratch på min dator och då installera Windows 7 först för att kunna installera VIDA och sedan uppgradera till Windows 10 skulle det för det första ta flera timmar av installation och uppgraderingar och för det andra inte direkt kännas som en clean-install.
Senast redigerad av 2 trixeo, redigerad totalt 0 gång.
av trixeo
Lucif3r skrev:Eller så kör man en virtual machine.
Om man vill göra det hade man nog inte besökt denna tråd. En VM tar onödig plats på datorn och är aldrig lika snabb och smidig som en faktiskt fungerande installation.
av trixeo
Andreasace skrev:Du har skrivit guiden på engelska, inte provat på en clean install av win 10 men har ändå skrivit en guide för en clean install.
Hur går det till?
Ja, konstaterandet att den är på engelska är helt korrekt, anledningen är den att en stor del av läsare på Internet är engelskspråkiga.

Att jag inte testat denna guide på en clean install av Windows 10 står det om i guiden, också att det är en beta. De som har störst problem som jag sett med denna installation är folk som redan har provat att installera VIDA på sin Windows 10 installation men misslyckats, vilket ställer till en del problem för att det ska kunna utföras korrekt i fortsättningen. Jag ser inga problem att denna guide INTE skulle fungera på en clean install av Windows 10. Menar du på något sätt att bara för att jag inte har testat detta har jag ingen rätt att lägga ut den på detta forum?

Hur gick det till? Förstår mig inte på svaren hittills i denna tråd, jag skrev ned detta för att jag själv ska kunna hjälpa folk att utföra denna installation så smärtfritt som möjligt men tänkte att det kunde komma till nytta på ett forum också. Vill någon inte ha informationen så är det väl bara att strunta i den?
Jag är ganska intresserad i vart du fått informationen ifrån och jag förstår inte guiden helt heller.

Steg 1-8 är guiden om hur man kör igång Vida på Win 10 om det redan varit installerat sedan tidigare.
Om vida redan varit installerat sedan tidigare så är ju systemet uppgraderat från ex Win 7 till Win 10 så det är ju ganska meningslöst, då vida redan fungerar.
Skulle programmet inte fungera pga ngt fel i uppgraderingen så indikerar det på ett fel och man bör inte manipulera register. Då får man göra om och göra rätt.

Vida ska egentligen inte köras under windows 10 då det inte är byggt för det och kan ge konsekvenser.
Det finns anledningar till varför det inte går att installera och det finns en anledning till varför vida fungerar under win 10 genom uppgradering.

Guiden om hur en Clean install är ganska oroande, då det inte innehåller installation eller aktivering av Expolorer 11 vilket är extremt nödvändigt för Vida.
Webbläsaren Edge stöder inte insticksprogram och kommer därför inte att köra Java viket Vida behöver.
av trixeo
Andreasace skrev:Jag är ganska intresserad i vart du fått informationen ifrån och jag förstår inte guiden helt heller.

Steg 1-8 är guiden om hur man kör igång Vida på Win 10 om det redan varit installerat sedan tidigare.
Om vida redan varit installerat sedan tidigare så är ju systemet uppgraderat från ex Win 7 till Win 10 så det är ju ganska meningslöst, då vida redan fungerar.
Skulle programmet inte fungera pga ngt fel i uppgraderingen så indikerar det på ett fel och man bör inte manipulera register. Då får man göra om och göra rätt.

Vida ska egentligen inte köras under windows 10 då det inte är byggt för det och kan ge konsekvenser.
Det finns anledningar till varför det inte går att installera och det finns en anledning till varför vida fungerar under win 10 genom uppgradering.

Guiden om hur en Clean install är ganska oroande, då det inte innehåller installation eller aktivering av Expolorer 11 vilket är extremt nödvändigt för Vida.
Webbläsaren Edge stöder inte insticksprogram och kommer därför inte att köra Java viket Vida behöver.
Informationen har jag själv kommit fram till, vad är det du inte förstår, någon viss punkt? Jag ska prova imorgon om jag får tid att göra en ren installation av Windows 10, visste inte att IE11 inte var installerad som standard även om jag vet att Edge är förvald. Jag kommer att rätta till guiden enligt vad jag kommer fram till. Som sagt det är en beta eller mao ett utkast som jag själv använt mig av nu på 3 olika datorer. Det gemensamma dessa 3 datorer har är att de blivit uppgraderade från tidigare versioner av Windows. En hade tidigare haft VIDA installerat vid något tillfälle, men innan uppgraderingen. En andra hade VIDA fullt fungerade även efter uppgraderingen men jag ville uppdatera VIDA från 2014A till 2014D och dumt nog avinstallerade jag 2014A innan jag försökte mig på detta. Om jag bara hade uppdaterat hade det troligen funkat. Den sista vet jag ärligt talat inte riktigt vad användaren hade gjort med, men VIDA hade vid flera misslyckade försök blivit installerad/avinstallerad. Jag skrev ned denna guide och applicerade den på alla dessa 3 datorer och fick VIDA 2014D att fungera utmärkt på alla 3 datorerna.

Ingen av dessa tre exempel har slutat funka pga uppgraderingen av Windows 10. Jag vet precis vad jag har gjort i registret och det är inte chansningar jag gjort på måfå. Manipulera mer eller mindre kraschade Windows installationer utan att installera om hela systemet är min specialitet. Det är vad jag kallar göra rätt, men du har rätt att den som inte vet vad den gör inte ska manipulera något i sitt register. Det jag hänvisar till att ta bort ur registret ovan är rester av programmen som lämnats kvar, vilket är mycket vanlig av avinstallationsproceduren vare sig det gäller VIDA eller andra program.

Att ett visst program, som i detta fall VIDA 2014D, inte vill installera sig i Windows 10 utan lite bråk betyder inte per automatik att det inte kan fungera som det ska och det är precis det jag kommit fram till. Det blir något fel vid installationen som har med rättigheter på antingen filnivå eller i SQL-databasen. Det jag gör i guiden är att hjälpa installationen på traven genom att göra så att installationen går till precis som den gör i Windows 7 fast där utan hjälp. SQL 2005 som VIDA 2014D i grunden är byggt på är väldigt gammal och det är den som är inkompatibel med Windows 10 men genom denna manipulation som guiden gör uppgraderar man den sedan till SQL 2008 R2 SP1, som i sin tur också är inkompatibel med Windows 10 (funkar dock helt ok), men jag har lagt till ett ytterligare steg nu som jag ännu inte skrivit in i guiden, det är att uppgradera SQL2008 R2 SP1 till SP3. Där slutar Windows att gnälla helt hittills.

Vilket problem med VIDA har du eftersom du kollar denna tråd?
Jag har inga problem med vida, utan jag kollar igenom VIDA/Dice trådar och svarar på frågor gällande detta.

Jag försöker hålla folk säkra i användningen av detta då felaktig hantering kan skapa enorma problem.
Är du en van VIDA användare och känner till DICE enheterna och funktionerna?

Kineserna manipulerar chipen ganska mycket och det är inte alltid det är Dice drivrutiner används utan J2534 kompatibla. Detta orsakar problem i VIDA och ytterligare problem för Windows 10.

Just nu rullar det ut enheter utan Samsung kretsarna och som innehåller PLX kretsar.
Dessa enheter tappar kontakten titt som tätt i Windows 10 under felsökningskörningen.

Så jag har inget emot om du vill göra en Windows 10 guide och jag vet att du vill väl, men jag kommer avråda folk från det.

Man kan halvera priset helt enkelt genom att s&a[…]

V70 startar inte (klickar)

Har fått hem en v70 d4 2011 som inte vill so[…]

Weber 32dir på en b20

Denna motorn är en utbytesmotor från vo[…]

Ny krängningshämmare och länkar bak[…]