Volvo S60, S80, V70N (00-08), XC70 (00-08), XC90 (03-14) relaterade ämnen OBS! vid motorproblem försök att ange vad du har för motor i bilen...

Moderator: Moderatorer

Användarvisningsbild
av jimDK
Is it safe to place two CAN-readers (for example Lawicel) directly together, back-to-back?
Or is some sort of controller needed on the CAN-bus?
(I sometimes test IP-software by connecting two PC's directly together over ethernet, with a crossed ethernet-cable. Would be nice if CAN-reader #1 could write directly to reader #2)

är det någon som vet om det är säkert att koppla CAN-läsarna direkt tillsammans , back-to-back?
tex tvä Lawicel direkt samman,
som 2 datorer är kopplade i Ethernet, med en patch-kabel.
Eller kanske det måste finnas en controller eller liknande på CAN-bus'en?
av juve021
jimDK skrev:Is it safe to place two CAN-readers (for example Lawicel) directly together, back-to-back?
Or is some sort of controller needed on the CAN-bus?
(I sometimes test IP-software by connecting two PC's directly together over ethernet, with a crossed ethernet-cable. Would be nice if CAN-reader #1 could write directly to reader #2)

är det någon som vet om det är säkert att koppla CAN-läsarna direkt tillsammans , back-to-back?
tex tvä Lawicel direkt samman,
som 2 datorer är kopplade i Ethernet, med en patch-kabel.
Eller kanske det måste finnas en controller eller liknande på CAN-bus'en?
I don't know if you can put them together like that.

Basically what I'm trying to do is figure out CAN messages to the CEM,DIM and some other things so that I can automate some things. For example, when you press the yellow button the keyfob, roll windows 1/4 down and open sunroof. Things like that would be cool.

jim, the RTI connector is a green connector in the trunk, it is a 10 pin connector but only 5 wires are there. +,CanH,CanL, Grnd. If you connect pins 2 and 7 of the canusb to CanH and CanL, you can connect to the bus
Användarvisningsbild
av jimDK
press the yellow button the keyfob, roll windows 1/4 down
yes sir, would be cool 8)
could be possible to figure it out from logging and comparing two logs: one where you're NOT pressing anything, and another where your pressing a button or something. The difference between the two logs is probably the effect of the button press (at least if you do a lot of logs, and the button press always comes in as a difference).
I'm just guessing here, I'm new to this...
jim, the RTI connector
Appreciate your answer.
You know, I was wondering about that, and have been looking for it, I've had the backseat out, the panels in the rear etc, nothing!?
My S80 has the built in GPS/RTI, so the socket won't be available on that car, but on the V70 I haven't got a GPS, so been looking for the available connector....but to no avail...
also looked in VADIS, and there's a picture of an S60 showing the RTI is in the back, left hand side of the car (If you're behind, facing the trunk).
but Ill be damned if I can find it in my V70! :roll:
Senast redigerad av 1 jimDK, redigerad totalt 0 gånger.
Användarvisningsbild
av jimDK
Break through! I'm on the bus 8)
http://www.s80.dk/DIY/pics/can_bus.jpg

Using the OBDII socket under the steering wheel, sending the stuff on the K-line and sniffing with the Lawicel & WGSoft (which can't even save the log to a file?)

I would still like to locate the green connector, for a permanent installation, logging during driving.

(When I try to insert a picture, the picture is not inserted, just the text "Image", therefore I insert links to pictures instead,hmm..)
Användarvisningsbild
av jimDK
CAN logging software? anyone has inputs?
I've only tried WGSoft, and I am not amused...must be something better out there, preferably open source.
I'll try JCAN next, already have it installed...
Användarvisningsbild
av jimDK
It seems that the high speed CAN in the volvo's run at 250kbps, the low speed part at 125kbps (if the bandwidth is not set correctly on the Lawicel CAN reader, it won't receive anything).
figure out CAN messages to the CEM,DIM and some other things
I think that the DIM and power-windows are on the low-speed CAN.
so maybe this communication is not readily available from the diagnostic connector? (which is on the high-speed CAN).
It may be necessary to connect to the passenger door module, for listening to driver door manipulation?

And as the guy on canbushack.com writes, some commands (for instance for the driver door window) may not even be present on the CAN-bus, if the feature is controlled directly (so to speak) without any communication.
what I mean is, if the driver-door window is ONLY controlled via the driver-door module, then there may not be a command for manipulating it, on the CAN-bus.

I don't know anything, I'm just guessing :roll:
Användarvisningsbild
av andreas 80
Ok, back from Easter holiday with my family.
It's correct that HS Can is 250 in our cars, but above 2004 or something they increased it to 500.
LS Can is 125.
As long as you are only logging, setting the wrong speed won't hurt anything but when sending you may accidently make lots of trouble codes due to communication errors, where you may have to disconnect the battery to get back.

I will look at the database I have later and see if I can export it to some useful filetype.
I have also logged a VCT2000 when reading troublecodes from the ECM, i will post the needed messages later when I've checked the log-file.
Senast redigerad av 1 andreas 80, redigerad totalt 0 gånger.
Användarvisningsbild
av jimDK
hi Andreas
I'm really looking forward to seeing the log files :)
I am going crazy, trying to figure out a way to reverse-engineer the VADIS communication without a VCT2000 :roll:

I suppose the trace you have from VCT2000 shows all data in & out on the COM-port?
VCT2000<==[trace]==>VADIS computer
I would like to see the 'wrapping' also i.e. the VCT2000 protocol itself, in order to try to simulate that.
I have written some parsers in my job, perhaps I can assist in some way, with extraction of the data from the database?
I am currently writing a small program that will log COM-port communication, using virtual com ports (com0com.sourceforge.net), in order to watch the data from VADIS and to inject data, to answer the keep-alive that seems to be active towards VCT2000.
bugTrace.exe also logs the data, but I'd like to be sure I get ALL data :)

Har läst igenom flera trådar om att byt[…]

Problemet är ju att sådana här app[…]

Weber 32dir på en b20

Okej, har en enkel su hs6a nu. Den fungerar fint, […]

Söker köpråd - XC90 V8

Hej, Jag satt precis och tog en våröl […]